Steel City Road Runners Club
Train to Be a Runner of Steel!
The Steel City Road Runners Club (SCRR) is Pittsburgh’s premier running organization dedicated to providing events, services, and programs that are aimed to keep runners doing what they love to do – RUN.
P3R first introduced the Steel City Road Runners in 2009. Since then, the club has grown to more than 1,000 members and helped thousands of runners to achieve their goals and train to cross the finish line of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, Fleet Feet Liberty Mile, EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler, and other races throughout the region.
Starting now, SCRR and P3R are taking a new approach to the club as part of our mission to inspire any and all to move with us. When we say “any and all,” we mean any and all. Our club’s purpose is to help any and all MOVE and giving back to the next generation of our sport: Kids of STEEL.
Any and all can join SCRR for free from January 1 to June 30, 2021, to train for the 2021 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend of Events and reap so many benefits of membership (including: training plan for your marathon weekend events, bi-weekly newsletter packed with content for the beginner runner through the advanced, discounts to business partners, early access and discounted registration for P3R events, and more).
On July 1 (and after), everyone will have the opportunity to join by making a $50 annual donation to Kids of STEEL. As a thank you for your donation, P3R is pleased to make the following perks available JUST FOR YOU:
- When it’s safe, we’ll return to Saturday group runs from the P3R garage, with:
- Pace group leaders and coaches
- Mapped routes
- Some runs brought to you by P3R partners (like Nuun Hydration, Honey Stinger, Brooks Running, and more!)
- Access to the SCRR members-only Facebook group where you can discuss all things Pittsburgh running with your fellow members, coaches, and advisory committee members
- Subscription to our bi-weekly newsletter
- Discounts to P3R partners
- Early access and discounted registration opportunities for all of P3R’s races
- A new SCRR tech t-shirt
- Training plans tailored for P3R races
Moving forward, memberships will be run from July 1 through June 30, rather than a rolling calendar year.
Let's run together!
Check out our calendar of events for event details and become a member to join our wonderful running community on our next run. SCRR regularly meets three times a week: Tuesday evenings, Thursday evenings, and Saturday mornings.Learn More
SCRR Pacer Team
Our dedicated members love to volunteer their time pacing local races and our Saturday training runs.Learn More
Are you looking for some training tips and advice? Take a look at our Coaching Corner and training plans.Learn More