What can you expect?
Quite simply, you will have the experience of your lives and the stories to go along with it! You can also expect:
- One (1) pair of Brooks Running shoes for each team captain
- A long-sleeved tech shirt for each team member
- A goody bag for each team member
- A finisher’s medal for each team member
- Race bib for each team member
- A post-race party in Cumberland, MD to celebrate your accomplishment
- A team race bracelet (your relay baton!)
- Getting to break the finisher tape as a team
- 150 miles of scenic trail150 miles of logistics planned for you, including 23 exchange zones and vehicle turn-by-turn directions
- Team awards;Games and contests
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks at some exchange zones
- Hundreds of volunteers’ and P3R team members’ efforts to host an amazing event.
NEW for 2021!
Are you looking for more of a one-day adventure? We’ve got you. Grab a friend (or 3!) and tackle the 60-mile relay starting in Confluence, PA.
Gather your best running friends and join P3R for an unforgettable adventure along the Great Allegheny Passage. Trust us, you do NOT want to miss this one.
It's a 150-mile adventure relay starting in Pittsburgh, PA. Your team of eight, six, or four running buddies will start on Friday evening and run through the night along the Great Allegheny Passage. You'll end the race in Cumberland, MD on Saturday, October 16 and celebrate your victory (you did just run 150 miles, afterall) at the post-race party!
New for 2021: a one-day 60-mile option for teams of two or four on Saturday only! Runners will start the race in Confluence, PA on Saturday morning and relay to Cumberland, MD where they'll join the rest of the teams at the post-race party. Spots are limited for this option, so register early!
You're going to be tired after running 150 miles, and we're working with hotels in the Cumberland, MD area to get you deals on your rooms - hold tight!
150-Mile Race from Pittsburgh to Cumberland (October 15-16, 2021):
- 8-Person Team (3 legs each)
- 6-Person Team (4 legs each)
- 4-Person Team (6 legs each)
60-Mile Race from Confluence to Cumberland (October 16, 2021):
- 4-Person Team (2-3 legs each)
- 2-Person Team (4-5 legs each)
Please note: all GAP Relay participants must be at least 13 years old by October 15, 2021. Any participant younger than 18 years old must have a waiver signed by his or her guardian and must be accompanied by someone at least 25 years old in the vehicle (this person can be another member of the team).
Teams are responsible for providing their own vehicles.
Running the full 150 miles with a team of 6 or 8? You're going to need two vehicles to get you to your assigned exchange zones.
Running the full 150 miles with a team of 4? You can get through the race with one vehicle.
Running the one-day 60-mile Adventure race? You'll only need to worry about one vehicle (only one is permitted).
We recommend you use passenger vans (large sedans or SUVs are also great) as opposed to smaller cars. Remember, you're going to be in the vehicle for an extended period of time, so you want to be comfortable and have enough space for all of your stuff!
- Seatbelts must be available for all passengers
- Vehicles must adhere to all applicable safety laws
- No vehicles wider than 6'6" and/or longer than 20'
- No motor-homes, RVs, campers, trailers, busses, and/or limos
We know what you're thinking: can we have a driver who's not running? Yep - you sure can. He or she will need to officially register as a driver for your team.
ICYMI, we're starting in Pittsburgh, PA and ending in Cumberland, MD this year — and we added a one-day 60-mile Saturday Relay option starting in Confluence.
*Although we don't anticipate it, the course is subject to change for 2021. Stay tuned!
You'll need specific items to make sure you and your teammates are as safe as possible, including (but not limited to):
- Flashlights and/or headlamps
- Reflective vests
- LED tail lights
We'll let you know when we get closer to the race how many of each item you need, as well as any other safety-related info you need.
Click here to view a webinar we hosted prior to the 2020 event. Follow us on social media to be in-the-know about our next session!