Join the P3R Team!
P3R is the engine behind Pittsburgh’s greatest races and running events. We strive to inspire any and all to move with us.
Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, P3R also organizes a variety of other high-quality races, training runs, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region.
P3R is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The Youth Marketing Coordinator position is a vital role in the Youth Department at P3R, helping to produce and manage content on websites, produce and promote high-quality and engaging videos, and support social media efforts, including content creation and management.
Essential Duties (not limited to):
- Marketing Strategy: Comprehend department and organization objectives, make strategic marketing recommendations for Youth Programming, develop comprehensive marking plan and execute marketing plans accordingly to grow youth and family participation
- Website Management: Create and manage content for applicable Youth Department websites such as Kids of STEEL and RUN Varsity
- Email marketing: Develop engaging email marketing campaigns to help grow P3R’s Youth Programming initiatives and click-through rates; manage distribution lists
- Social media: Support content management for all social channels; engage with followers as assigned; monitor existing channels; monitor and stay up to date on social trends; share findings
- Video production: Produce quality video content for Youth Department programs and initiatives
- App: Develop youth content for P3R’s app
- Fliers: Assist with the development of promotional fliers to highlight youth events and programs
- Manage award and prize distribution for marketing promotions
- Review and analyze digital campaign progress and results; make corresponding recommendations to further drive successful results
- Attend all P3R events
- Serve as an informed team member to help build relationships with participants, vendors, partners, colleagues, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Passion for the mission of P3R, Kids of STEEL and RUN Varsity
- Integrity, positive attitude, innovative, collaborative
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrates initiative and desire to grow professionally
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external audiences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, Canva, Monday, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and applicable Social Media platforms
- Ability to work independently and trouble shoot problems, make recommendations
- Collaborative and driven to work within a team environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Occasional travel as necessary
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience in marketing and communications. All applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, P3R also organizes a variety of other high-quality races, training runs, and health & fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region, including the award-winning Kids of STEEL program and 4RUN2 Varsity events.
INTERNSHIP DUTIES/STUDENT RESPONSIBILITIES Assist the Youth Programming Department in serving runners age 18 and under as they participate in Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend. Duties may include:
- Attending Kids of STEEL site practices with P3R staff
- Leading workouts and activities at community outreach events
- Sharing your knowledge by drafting content for blogs, social media, and newsletters
- Creating marketing materials to promote events and advance the mission of P3R
- Monitoring & researching best practices to stay ahead of trends
- Assisting with Kids of STEEL site recruitment
- Assisting with Kids of STEEL Fest and marathon weekend volunteer recruitment
- Monitoring general email inbox
- Assisting with P3R’s spring events such as the Marathon Kickoff Training Run (January), Half Marathon Kickoff Training Run (March), Kids of STEEL Fest (April), etc
- Contribute to the planning and execution of the Pittsburgh Kids Marathon – one of the largest kids’ races in the country on May 4, 2024
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Passion for mission of P3R
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible scheduling including several evenings or weekend dates
- Ability to instruct others in physical activity
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Criminal Background Clearance
- Reliable mode of transportation to and from the P3R office and events
EXPERIENCES YOU CAN EXPECT
- Getting a behind the scenes view and contributing to planning world class events in the sports business
- Utilizing your creativity and passion for activity
- Creating unique experiences for kids and their families centered around movement and active lifestyles
- Motivating our region to increase time spent in physical activity
- Interacting with the community: an opportunity to work with diverse populations
- Opportunities to learn from staff members in youth programming, marketing, sponsorship, and event operations