Join the P3R Team!
2024 Spring Interns Needed!
P3R strives to inspire any and all to MOVE with us. We are the innovative engine behind Pittsburgh’s most transformative sporting events and exhilarating experiences that unite.
Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, P3R also organizes a variety of other high-quality races, training runs, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region.
Summary/Objective: The Youth Marketing Coordinator position is a vital role in the Youth Department at P3R, helping to produce and manage content on websites, produce and promote high-quality and engaging videos, and support social media efforts, including content creation and management.
Essential Duties (not limited to):
- Marketing Strategy: Comprehend department and organization objectives, make strategic marketing recommendations for Youth Programming, develop comprehensive marking plan and execute marketing plans accordingly to grow youth and family participation
- Website Management: Create and manage content for applicable Youth Department websites such as Kids of STEEL and RUN Varsity
- Email marketing: Develop engaging email marketing campaigns to help grow P3R’s Youth Programming initiatives and click-through rates; manage distribution lists
- Social media: Support content management for all social channels; engage with followers as assigned; monitor existing channels; monitor and stay up to date on social trends; share findings
- Video production: Produce quality video content for Youth Department programs and initiatives
- App: Develop youth content for P3R’s app
- Fliers: Assist with the development of promotional fliers to highlight youth events and programs
- Manage award and prize distribution for marketing promotions
- Review and analyze digital campaign progress and results; make corresponding recommendations to further drive successful results
- Attend all P3R events • Serve as an informed team member to help build relationships with participants, vendors, partners, colleagues, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Passion for the mission of P3R, Kids of STEEL and RUN Varsity • Integrity, positive attitude, innovative, collaborative
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrates initiative and desire to grow professionally
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with both internal and external audiences
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize workload effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce
- Proficient in MS Office, Google Suite, Canva, Monday, Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and applicable Social Media platforms
- Ability to work independently and trouble shoot problems, make recommendations
- Collaborative and driven to work within a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
Travel: Occasional travel as necessary
Preferred Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience in marketing and communications. All applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
Disclaimer The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
P3R, organizer of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events, is seeking a marketing & communications intern for spring 2024. This role will report to the marketing communications and media manager and work with our communications team consisting of both marketing and public relations functions. This is an ideal internship for students working toward a communications, marketing, advertising, and/or public relations degree. Recent graduates would also benefit greatly from this opportunity! Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage an assigned project from start to finish
- Assist in drafting and designing eBlasts and eNewsletters for the marathon and its related events
- Work with marketing team to develop content for social media channels
- Engage with target audiences via social media
- Participate in brainstorming sessions with communications team and the broader organization
- Assist in maintaining P3R websites Required qualifications:
- MUST have full availability during the 2024 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events (Friday, May 3; Saturday, May 4; Sunday, May 5 2023)
- Availability to work 10-15 hours per week from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Local college student or recent graduate
- Occasional availability to work nights and weekends to assist with other events as needed (dates flexible and negotiable)
- Familiarity with social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok) and monitoring tools (specifically Hootsuite or similar)
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a team setting Desired qualifications:
- Basic graphic design knowledge (experience with Canva, Adobe Photoshop or similar tools)
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
About P3R: P3R is an innovative full-service event management organization, specializing in transformative sporting events and exhilarating experiences that unite. Our clients (like the Pittsburgh Steelers, UPMC Hillman Cancer Center, the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the National Senior Games Association, just to name a few) trust us to bring every aspect of operational excellence to their special events. From operations planning, permitting, and execution to meaningful sponsorships, creative marketing and advertising, and engaging public relations, P3R is the region’s premier sporting event and experience expert.
As part of our non-profit mission to inspire any and all to MOVE with us, we provide premium event experiences and robust programming - including the Run for a Reason Charity Program, our award-winning Kids of STEEL program, the Pittsburgh Corporate Challenge, RUN Varsity, and more - that engage everyone in the Western Pennsylvania community and beyond.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to hr@P3R.org.
P3R strives to inspire any and all to MOVE with us. We are the innovative engine behind Pittsburgh’s most transformative sporting events and exhilarating experiences that unite. Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, P3R also organizes a variety of other high-quality races, training runs, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region.
Duties and Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Operations Manager on logistics, and signage planning for all P3R events.
- Coordinate specific projects as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Assist with signage coordination and management including inventory, tracking, sorting, organizing, researching, and planning for future events.
- Assist in warehouse management, inventory, and overall organization.
- Assist in creating plans, maps, and other documents for specific projects.
- Assist with notifications to venues around the city informing them of the impact of P3R events as well as managing the overall notification listings and tracking. · Assist in ordering race supplies and equipment including researching new equipment and ideas.
- Assist in developing plans for vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduates.
- Able to work at least 15 hours a week. Schedule is flexible, but must be between regular 9AM-5PM business hours.
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends to assist with running events
- All majors welcome.
- Outgoing personality with great attitude, work ethic, and professional demeanor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong working knowledge of Word & Excel; Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Illustrator and CAD is a plus.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
- All interns will be paid an hourly rate and will work an average of 15 to 20 hours per week depending on schedules and events.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to HR@p3r.org